PGIMER – Job Details
Date of posting: 06 May 19
Senior Residents & Jr./Sr. Demonstrators Job Opportunity At PGIMER
Senior Residents: POST CODE- SR/023
Senior Msdical Officer: POST CODE- SR/024
- / SR. Demonstrators: POST CODE- JSD/025
- Community Medicine
- ENT (Otolaryngology)
- Forensic Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obst. & Gynae.
- Oral Health Science Centre: a. Conservative & Endodontics b. Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry c. Orthodontics d. Oral Surgery
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- Renal Transplant Surgery
- Transfusion Medicine
- Senior Medical Officer(Casualty in Emergency)
- Biophysics(Senior Demonstrator)
- CSIC(Jr./Sr. Demonstrator)
- Paediatric Medicine(Senior Demonstrator) (NonMedical)
- Radio-diagnosis(Senior Demonstrator)
- Community Medicine & SPH(Junior Demonstrator) (Nutrition)
Total No. Of Post: 90 Nos.
Essential Qualifications For All Posts Of Senior Residents:
- a) A Medical qualification included in the first or second schedule or Part-II of the third schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (person possessing qualifications included in the Part-II of the third schedule should also fulfill the conditions specified in Section 13 (3) of the Act).
- b) Must be registered with the Central/State Medical Council.
- c) A Postgraduate degree i.e. MD/MS in the specialty concerned or its equivalent except for the following posts for which required postgraduate degree will be as under or its equivalent:
Forensic Medicine : M.D. (Forensic Medicine) OR M.D. (Pathology) OR MD/MS (Anatomy) OR M.S. (General Surgery)
Hospital Administration : M.D./M.S. OR a recognized Qualification equivalent thereto, in any medical discipline OR Master Degree in Hospital Administration from a recognized Institute/University or a recognized qualification equivalent thereto.
Nuclear Medicine : M.D./D.N.B. (Nuclear Medicine)
Renal Transplant Surgery : M.S. (General Surgery)
Transfusion Medicine : M.D. (Transfusion Medicine) OR M.D. (Pathology)
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Medicine: A postgraduate degree i.e. M.D. (PRM / MD (Sports Medicine as a qualifying degree) in the subject of speciality concerned of an Indian University or qualifications recognized equivalent thereto.
For Dentistry (OHSC):
- a) A recognized Dental qualification included in the Part-I or Part-III of the schedule to the Dentistry Act, 1948 (person possessing qualifications included in Part-I or specified in the sub-section (1) and (2) or (4) of Section 10 of the Dentist Act, 1948).
- b) Must be registered with Dental Council of India.
- c) A Postgraduate qualification viz. MDS in the speciality concerned
For Senior Medical Officer (Casualty in Emergency): a) and b) same for the post of Senior Resident. c) Postgraduate qualification is MD/MS (Medicine/Surgery).
For Senior Demonstrator (Non-Medical):
- i) M.Sc. in subject concerned.
- ii) Ph.D. in the subject concerned/allied subject.
For Junior Demonstrator: M.Sc. in the subject concerned.
For School Of Public Health (Community Medicine): Junior Demonstrator : M.A./M.Sc. in Nutrition or Applied Nutrition/MPH(Nutrition)
Upper Age Limit: Age limit for all posts is 37 years (relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates). The age relaxation for Persons with Disabilities would be ten years (additional 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC). The candidates who have completed three years tenure of Senior Residency or have done DM/M.Ch are not eligible for the post of Senior Resident.
For Sr. No. 1-24: Senior Resident and Senior Medical Officer Level-11 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.67,700/- + NPA.
For Sr. No. 25 to 29:
Sr. Demonstrator (Medical) Level-11 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.67,700/- + NPA.
Sr. Demonstrator (Non-Medical) Level-10 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.56,100/-.
Jr. Demonstrator (Medical) Level-06 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.35,400/- + NPA.
Jr. Demonstrator (Non-Medical) Level-06 in Pay Matrix with a minimum of Rs.35,400/-.
Application Fee:Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER. The account No. of PGIMER for recruitment is 35700657347. The candidates after having deposited the fee in the bank must ensure that they have Triplicate Fee Payment Challan with Journal No./Challan No. given by the bank on it. They should mention this Journal/Challan number on the space provided in the application form and keep this challan form with them for future use.
SC/ST : Rs. 500/-
For all others: Rs.1000/-
For Persons with Disabilities: NIL
Method of Selection: Final selection to the tenure posts of Senior Resident/Jr./Sr. Demonstrator/Senior Medical Officer will be done on the basis of aggregate score obtained by the candidate in the written examination of 75 marks and departmental interview & assessment for 25 marks. The minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for both written examination and departmental interview & assessment separately will be 40% marks for General category and 35% for SC/ST/OBC categories respectively.
NOTE: Postgraduate Degree i.e. MD/MS possessed by the candidate must be recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Job Type : Full Time
Job Role : Doctor / Physician
Job Category : Govt Jobs,Health Care
Hiring Process : Face to Face Interview
Who can apply : Freshers
How to apply
The application form/challan form will be available on PGI website from 04-05-2019 to 23-05-2019 (11.59 p.m.), after which the link will be disabled. The last date of deposit of application fee in the bank is 27-05-2019.
The last date of receipt of offline application (hard copy) by Speed Post / Regd. Post / Personally in the O/o Administrative Officer, Recruitment Cell, PGIMER, Chandigarhis 27-05-2019 (upto 04.00 PM).
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)Chandigarh was conceived in 1960 as a center of excellence which would endeavour to develop patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine. It was also envisaged that these specialists would spread out in the country in various medical colleges and medical institutions and impart medical education of highest standard to the students and set up nucleus of excellence in their own institutions.